In the Module 1 Overview, there are six management functions reviewed: (1) Planning, (2) Organizing, (3) Staffing, (4) Controlling, (5) Directing, and (6) Decision making. All six of these functions are equally important and dependent upon one another. As a health care administrator/manager, you will have to effectively balance all the six of the management functions well. In addition, there are 3 key competencies that must be embraced by a healthcare manager to effectively carry out these management functions: (1) Conceptual skills, (2) Technical skills, and (3) Interpersonal skills.
For this assignment, in a 2- to 3-page scholarly paper, complete the following:
1. Define, discuss, and provided a healthcare management example for each management function.
2. Using the three noted skills, identify which skill(s) is highly needed for each management function. Be sure to explain your rationale for your selection.
In your scholarly paper, you should include an introduction and conclusion paragraph.
1. Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your responses.
2. Limit your response to a maximum of 3 pages.
3. Support your proposal with peer-reviewed articles, with at least 2-3 references. Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals:
4. You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment:
5. For additional information on reliability of sources, review the following source: