While Republicans have been unsuccessful so far in repealing the ACA, they have taken other steps to undermine it and have strongly opposed other proposals to expand health insurance coverage.
Democrats have proposed improvements in the ACA, and some have proposed the adoption of a â€œpublicâ€ health insurance plan or the adoption of a Medicare for All plan
Using 500 to 750 words, write a post that describes the political alliances and positions by political party and health care stakeholders. In your analysis, include the financial arguments and the political/ideological arguments about the role of government versus the private sector changes that are intended to increase coverage. What do you think is the best way to improve health care coverage for all Americans? Why?
Please include at least two references for your post. One reference must be from this week’s Learning Materials, and one must have been published within the past six months.
week Learning materials are …………………
- Shi, L., & Singh, D. A. (2019). Delivering health care in America: A systems approach (7th ed.). Jones & Barlett Learning.
- Chapter 6: Health Services Financing
- Garfield, R., Orgera, K., Kaiser Family Foundation, & Damico, A. (2019, Jan.). The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation, .
- Rovner, J. (2021). . Kaiser Family Foundation. Retrieved from https://khn.org/news/article/supreme-court-declines-to-overturn-aca-again/.
- KFF.org (2021).
- McDermott, D., Cox, C., Rudowitz, R., & Garfield, R. (2020). Kaiser Family Foundation. Retrieved from https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/how-has-the-pandemic-affected-health-coverage-in-the-u-s/
- Kaiser Family Foundation. . Retrieved from http://kff.org/interactive/kaiser-health-tracking-poll-the-publics-views-on-the-aca/.
- Collins, Sara R., & Aboulafia, Gabriella N. (2021). The Commonwealth Fund.
Please give to writer 584
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!