Module 7: Discussion — Roles of Nurses in the Community and Community Assessments
- Make your initial post by 23:59 EST Wednesday.
- Respond to other posts by 23:59 EST Friday. NOTE: All assignments must be in on Friday as this is the last day of class! No assignment can be submitted after October 2, 2020
Your assignment will be graded according to the Discussion Board Rubric.
For this posting…..Post comments to your peers related specifically to only 2 and 4 of this Discussion Board. Do not post comments to #1, 3, 5, 6, & 7 of this Discussion Board.
DISCUSSION BOARD ITEMS
1. Please post your community assessment with proposed interventions and evaluation plan PowerPoint slides here (as well as on the Community Assessment Assignment Submission Site…both places). Your PowerPoint presentations should not exceed 20-25 slides. Your community assessment should include health initiatives, community resources, and community outreach in your respective community. These slides must be posted by Wednesday at 2400 EST.
For this posting…..Post comments to your peers related specifically to only 2 and 4 of this Discussion Board. Do not post comments to #1, 3, 5, 6, & 7 of this Discussion Board. As always, use the rubric
2. Review the community assessments completed by your peers. Chose one of the community assessments posted and answer the following questions:
a. Name of community and student who posted.
b. Identify at least 3 similarities between this community and yours?
c. Identify at least 3 differences between this community and yours?
d. Are any of the nursing diagnoses listed the same or similar to those you listed? If so, which ones?
e. What opportunities might exist to collaborate in planning for the two communities? Can the plan or part of the plan that your peer identified for their community work in your community or vice versa? Please explain and provide a specific example.
3. This item is specific to the community assessment you completed.
a. Go to Read about AuntBertha.
b. Now, go to Type in the zipcode for the community you assessed. Look at each of the categories across the top: Food, Housing, Goods, Transit, Health, Money, Care, Education, Work, and Legal. Identify 2 resources that you identified in your assessment that are not listed among those identified in the categories. Now, go to , complete this form for at least 2 resources that you identified in your community assessment that are not listed among those identified on Aunt Bertha. For this item 3b response, list the zipcode you typed in on the AuntBertha site and the 2 resources you typed in to ‘Suggest a Program’.
4. Identify faith community nurses working in your community. How are their services funded? What community agencies or resources would be helpful in your community to augment services of a faith community nurse or a health ministry program? How could you encourage such partnerships?
5. List practicum hours related to Windshield Survey this week as well as a totalwith three last weeks.
6. List practicum hours related to Community Assessment this week as well as total with the last 2 weeks.
7. Provide total amount of Practicum Hours by adding totals together from #5 and #6.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!