PhET- Electric Circuits Simulation: Circuit Construction Kit: DC – Virtual lab 1.the circuit construction kit is an electrical simulation that can…
PhET- Electric Circuits Simulation: Circuit Construction Kit: DC – Virtual lab
1. the circuit construction kit is an electrical simulation that can show you many things about circuits. the first things you will look at are symbols for various components. in the right column there is a way to select “symbols”. change the look of the simulation between lifelike and schematic. in the space below draw the schematic symbols for each electrical component we will be working with
2. By dragging the components over make a circuit with 2 batteries, a light bull, and as much wire as needed. The light bulb should be lit and the current should be 1.8 amps. Go to the tools and use the non-contact ammeter to check this. The simulation shows the flow of charges as they travel from on side of the battery to the other.
Bring over the second light bulb and make the circuit show below. How did this affect the overall brightness of the light bulbs? How did this affect the current coming out of the battery
4. Change the circuit so that it matches the one below. What is different about the brightness of the light bulbs now? What is different about the current coming out of the battery?
5. How does the current flowing through each light bulb compare to the current coming out of the battery? (Be as specific as possible)
6. Make the circuit show below. Which light bulb is the brightest ? Dimmest? How does the current compare for the light bulbs?
7. Make a general statement about the energy used by the light bulbs and the current
8. Add another light bulb as show below. Does thesis new light bulb have an effect on the others? Does it have an effect on the current coming out of the battery?
9. Remove the last light bulb add replace it with just a wire. Explain what happened to the light bulbs, current out of the battery, and anything else that you notice.
10. Take three light bulbs and figure out how to connect them so that they are dimmest. Make a drawing of what you came up with.
11. Rearrange the components so that three light bulbs are the brightness. Make a drawing of what you came up with
12. Make a circuit using 6 light bulbs where there is one light bulb that is the brightness, 2 light bulbs that are in the middle for brightness, and 3 light bulbs the are the dimmest. Draw the circuit
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!