True- false. Write TRUE if the statement is correct and FALSE if incorrect.Different functional groups bend, stretch and wag at different…
. True- false. Write TRUE if the statement is correct and FALSE if incorrect.
1. Different functional groups bend, stretch and wag at different frequencies.
2. A functional group will absorb light if the frequency of the light matches the frequencies of bending, stretching and wagging.
3. In AAS the atoms are excited from the ground, by flame at around 2300oC, such that electrons are promoted to higher orbitals for a short period of time.
4. Every molecular species is capable of absorbing its own characteristic frequencies of electromagnetic radiation.
5. The component of the mixture that is very well attracted to the stationary phase is easily separated.
6. The differences in the interactions between the solutes and stationary phase and the mobile phase enable the separation.
7. The principle ” like dissolves like” is also applied in chromatographic separations.
8. UV have longer wavelengths and of greater energy.
9. Absorption spectrum is seen as bright lines on a dark field.
10. Emission spectrum is seen as dark lines on a bright field.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!