What is the mechanism of action of fluoxetine?
A 40 year old woman presents with fatigue. She reports feeling ‘very run down’ for the past three months. She has no interest in participating in her usual activities and sporting events. She reports sleeping problems and low appetite. She is constantly feeling low and has frequent crying spells.
Her physical examination is normal and thyroid function is normal.
She is diagnosed with major depression and is referred for counseling and started on fluoxetine.
- What is the mechanism of action of fluoxetine?
- Why is fluoxetine the drug of choice?
- What are the side effects of fluoxetine?
- What are the risks of abruptly discontinuing fluoxetine?
- Prepare and submit a 3-4 page paper [total] in length (not including APA format).
- Answer all the questions above.
- Support your position with examples.
- Please review the rubric to ensure that your assignment meets criteria.
- Submit the following documents to the Submit Assignments/Assessments area:
- Case Study: Antidepressants
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!