- Why can we claim with a fair degree of certainty that conflict often produces growth and progress?
2. Explain why so many individuals in the work environment seem to go out of their way to avoid confrontation
3. Explain in some detail the risks inherent in continually suppressing conflict for the sake of peace and quiet
4. Why do we frequently say that the supervisor should not give advice to employees concerning their personal problems?
5. What are you going to do when one of your employees’ shows up for work showing signs of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol
6. What are the differences between the power of personality and the power conferred by positional authority? And does the successful supervisor need one or the other or both?
7. How would you attempt to stand up to a vocally intimidating individual without engaging in a fight?
8. Why is it claimed that sexual harassment is a serious and widespread problem? How did it become that?
9. Why should you avoid dealing with a gang of complainers at one time? Is this not more efficient than meeting with them one at a time?
10. Why might some supervisors prefer the presence of a formal grievance procedure over handling all employee complaints as they arise?